8.30.2008

Boo...hissssss!

This morning I woke up, walked into the bathroom, and found a ssssnake curled up on the floor. I promptly cussed, pondered the situation, and went to my bedroom to put on some flip flops. Apparently flip flops are a must before waging war on unwanted house guests. It may come as no surprise that when I returned to the bathroom the snake was nowhere to be found. Twelve hours later I still have no idea where it ended up. Which is pretty freaky. Can it crawl into bed with me? So long as that isn't a possibility, I'll be okay. I am, after all, still wearing my flip flops!

In other news, I attended the BOK Center ribbon-cutting ceremony this morning with my mom and nephew. Apparently Hanson and Garth Brooks were there as well. It's a pretty spectacular facility and I'm looking forward to attending some great concerts there. The best part of today's visit was that all concessions were a dollar each. A dollar! We ended up with hot dogs, cokes, dippin' dots (it's the ice cream of the future, you know), funnel cake, and kettle corn. Yum-O!

My brother headed northeast this morning. He'll be attending seminary in a small town north of Boston for the next couple of years. He's a pretty incredible guy. I know I'm completely biased, but he's incredible nonetheless. I can't wait to see how his life unfolds.

I'll be on my way to London by week's end and I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself! I've checked out tons of books from the library, downloaded a couple of Rick Steve's podcasts, and researched a fair amount online. More importantly, I've shopped my little heart out in hopes of having the perfect British wardrobe. I'm trying to nail down a day-by-day itinerary at this point. My sugar daddy (ha!) says he's okay with anything I want to do and see. His only request has been that we swing by Buckingham Palace. Well, of course! I hope he know's what he's getting himself into! Our three days will be pretty full of art, architecture, history, and pubs!

No comments: