8.20.2008

What a Week!

Rewinding a bit...

Last Wednesday I went to see Dave Matthews in The City with my pal Leslie. It was amazing! The best concert I've been to. Ever. Before it began we listed the songs we wanted to hear. Crash Into Me is a given, of course, and I also mentioned Say Goodbye, Dancing Nancies, and Satellite. They did Dancing Nancies and Crash and threw in a couple of songs from his solo album Some Devil. Which I love. They also did a couple of cover songs. The best renditions of Talking Heads "Burning Down the House" and Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer." It was late and I dreaded the ride home but I didn't want him to stop. Finally got to my car at 11:30 and started the trek home. Again, the best concert. Ever.

Friday night I dropped Little Miss M. off at her mom's for the last time. It was bittersweet. She was so excited to hang out with her mom that she didn't give me quite the good bye I was hoping for. I got a little choked up. Then I hung out with friends and drank some alcohol.

On Saturday I found myself back in The City for another concert. Sheryl Crow. James Blunt opened and he was quite the crowd pleaser. Sheryl put on a great show, but I think I enjoyed the people watching even more. Sometimes I wish I were liberated enough to let loose and dance my heart out. The rest of the time I'm glad I'm laughing at those people instead of the other way around.

Today the kiddos were unleashed on the school. The morning was complete chaos but it all smoothed out by the afternoon and we've already found our groove. One day down, 179 to go...

No comments: