11.12.2008

Two, two, shoot two!

I love the city's library system. Today I checked out Coaching Basketball for Dummies; Coaching Youth Basketball; Coaching Youth Basketball: The Guide for Coaches, Parents and Athletes; The Baffled Parent's Guide to Great Basketball Drills; The Basketball Pass Cut Catch Guide; Modern Memory Keeper; and a James Blunt CD.

"Why the sudden interest in basketball, Courtney?" you're probably asking yourself. Well, let me tell you why. For some reason that is still a mystery to me I agreed to coach one of our sixth grade girls basketball teams. Yep, you heard right. Me. Coaching. Basketball. Interesting indeed. I don't even like basketball. I was surprised I lasted the whole first half at OBU's homecoming game last weekend.

My pal Mel told me not to worry. In sixth grade you don't need to worry about teaching them actual plays and all. Just work on the basics. Dribbling, passing, shooting layups, etc. That's when I opened my mouth and asked, "Layups are the ones where you bounce it off the backboard, right?" That got a round of laughs from my friends. Followed shortly thereafter by a better definition of a layup and a promise to make a road trip of one of our games. Great. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted. Which, by the way, is apparently a basketball word too.

The scrapbooking book was to feel a little girlie. Even though it's been awhile, crafting is something I'm good at. No need to school me on any lingo there. And the CD was because I'd been on the waiting list for it for months! Man, I love our library!

No comments: