12.09.2008

"This Is Our Time"

Well, folks, we lost. But only by three points! I was pretty nervous there for a bit. I think we were down by 15 at one point. But my girls rallied and by the 4th quarter we brought the score up to 23-26. And with two seconds left one of my players threw the ball from half court and. it. hit. the. rim. So close! Now that I've done it once, I feel a little more confident about the whole thing. The team we play this weekend is pretty phenomenal though. We'll see how it goes. I might have a little audience of my own, as if there wasn't enough pressure already!

My date was a success! There will be more (hopefully many more) in the future. Tomorrow we're meeting in the happenin' town of Stroud. Should be a fun little get together. Tons of sightseeing, I'm sure! And on Sunday we'll be seeing Cirque du Soliel here in T-town. Don't know the guy well enough yet to know if this is the kind of thing he likes to do, but it's sweet that he likes me enough to give it a whirl.

Have been waiting for months for our AMC Cinema Classics to show The Goonies. Last night I went to see it with my gal pal Val (aka Spud Bud). I did not know a bigger fan besides myself existed. I was wrong. Dead wrong. Val has the 20th Anniversary commemorative hoodie (and t-shirt!), knows all the good quotes, and has part of a scrapbook devoted to her Goonies tour in Oregon.

The countdown has begun for Christmas break. I have never wanted/needed a break so badly. I just hope it doesn't pass me by at warp speed.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

COURTNEY, YOU GOOOOOOOOONNNNNNIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Ah, hahahahahahahahahahaha! Seriously, thanks for one of the best Spud Bud dates EVER!!!!!!