7.06.2009

Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life - F

Family Reunion - in August all of my grandmother's siblings and their respective offspring will head to Arkansas for our not-so-annual family reunion. Used to get together almost yearly but as time has gone by it's been less and less often. I skipped a few during my college years and beyond and only attended the last one in 2004 because it was in town. But I'm biting the bullet and heading east this year. I even signed up to be in charge of the t-shirts and family photo session. Go figure!

Farfegnugen - Greta the Jetta = pure German driving pleasure. Minus, of course, the cracked windshield.

Foster Kids - A few years back I decided to sign up to be a foster parent. There were a couple of different reasons that all collided at the time and I decided to go for it. Definitely the most meaningful experience of my life to date. It was so, so hard and there were times I was ready to give in but having those little girls in my life for what little time I did was so amazing. I'm in awe of my mother for raising both me and my sister on her own and think all single parents deserve medals. It's a crazy business!

Miss K. Only had her for six weeks but she was a firecracker! Such big eyes and a twangy little voice.

Little Miss M. Got her two days after her 1st birthday and had her for almost two full years. She still has my heart.

FREE - How can you pass up free stuff?! Here's my lastest free find...the awfully tacky headboard that is soon to be transformed into what will hopefully be pretty posh in an Urban Outfitters kind of way once it receives its glossy black paint job. Thoughts?

F*ck - For those of you who may not know I do indeed have a potty mouth. And my wordy dird of choice seems to be f*ck. Not freak, not frig, not eff, but f*ck. I don't know excactly when it creeped into my vocabulary but having worked with the people I have for the past four years (not talking about the children, mind you) it just rolls off my tongue now. It's kind of liberating for some odd reason. When I stub my toe: "F*ckin' A!" When I'm ready to give up, "F*ck it." And my personal favorite, when someone cuts me off on the highway: "F*ckwad!!!"

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Hey PottyMouth --

Of course, the picture of Little Miss M makes me smile. Oh, how she was super cute.

And the headboard?!!! AWESOME! I can already tell it is going to look amazing in glossy black paint -- very Urban Outfitters for sure!