11.09.2009

Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life - L

Labrador Retrievers - As you all know, I have a slight obsession with animals and particularly with dogs. Once upon a time I rescued a chocolate lab and then ended up with a black lab and of course I had to complete the collection and get a yellow one. And they all slept in my bed with me at night. I know, I know...

Latin Geek - Oh yeah. Big. Latin. Geek. Four years in high school. Senior year I took home the first place ribbon in Academics at the OJCL (that's the Oklahoma Junior Classical League for those of you not in the know). I didn't just spend four weekends of my high school career surrounded by other Latin nerds, I competed against them! Academically. That means that while the cool kids were partying and having sex and whatnot I was in a classroom (on a Saturday!) taking tests about Latin grammar and Roman history and Greek mythology and...I need to scan the picture that ran in our local newspaper. Classic! And my Latin teacher, just wait 'til we get to Ms (next week, theoretically)!

Leopard Print - Love it! It has seeped into my home decor, my office at school, my wardrobe. Will be incorporated into my wedding one day. Mark my words.

Limes - I always order lime with my Dr. Pepper at a restaurant.

Lost - I'm a fanatic. Thank goodness this is the last season! I'm so confused and I don't think I can stand another season of more questions. I need answers, people! And what's with them holding off 'til winter to start their seasons. Do they really think they're that good? That people will just sit and wait with bated breath? Yes, they probably do and yes, we definitely will!!!

No comments: