11.15.2009

Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life - M

Mag - Mag (pronounced "Mog") was my Latin teacher in high school. Mag is short for "magistra" which means teacher. She is an amazing person and quite possibly the reason I decided to choose a career in education. When I was writing my eHarmony profile I had to talk about someone besides a family member who has influenced my life. I chose Mag.

Mamarj - this is the name I gave my mom's mom. Apparently I had everyone else's name down pat but I couldn't/wouldn't say "grandma." She coached and coached me and when I still wouldn't utter the word she longed to hear she gave up and said, "Marjorie, call me Marjorie." At that point I put the two together and came up with Mamarj. It stuck. She is a wonderful woman with so much love and wisdom to give. Some of my favorite memories growing up include her.

Michael J. Fox - my first celebrity crush.

Monkees - MTV used to air reruns of the show back in middle school. I was hooked! Davey Jones was my favorite. And my stepsister (18 years my junior) shares the love...she got their boxed DVD collection a few years ago at Christmas.

Mr. Taco - Best. Tacos. Ever. Topped with cilantro, onion, and a wedge of lime. And so cheap! Just north of I-244 on Lewis in Tulsa...go there!

2 comments:

Kristin Ann said...

I love me some Mr. Taco! So glad we went by there on my way out of town!

Amy said...

Alright! When are you taking me to Mr. Taco? And why didn't I know about it?