7.01.2010

Another New Toy

I've been so good lately. No excess spending. Not even shopping for entertainment! I know, I can hardly believe it myself. But yesterday I did happen to wander into Wall's to kill some time before picking the little one up from daycare. I started digging through bins, saw the word "Holga" on a box, and snapped this bright little puppy up:
It's from the "Holgawood" Collection - I think this color is the Sunset Boulevard one. Wall's got a shipment of Urban Outfitter's stuff awhile back and they have been sneaking out random bits of home items and accessories over the course of a couple of months. Originally $48 at UO, Wall's had it priced at $6.99. But that's not all, folks! It was 25% off that. So I got a cool new toy for the low, low price of just $5.25. Oh yeah!

I love all the Holga shots I see on people's blogs. So pretty, soft, blurry, ethereal. We should start a pool on how long it takes me to actually try the thing out. Yes, my "new" DSLR is still in its box...wah wah.

In other news, I went outside at 11 PM last night to take the trash out and ended up killing this fairly ginormous creature:

It was just off my porch, on its back and flailing its legs all about. At first I walked by it and said, "Man, that's a big spider," and then I went back inside. But I kept thinking about it and said to myself, "Man, I bet that thing's bigger than a quarter. I'm gonna go measure it," so I went back outside with a quarter and a camera in hand. And then I went back inside. But then I got to thinking again, "Its belly was so swollen and it was stuck on its back so maybe it's about to start spurting out hundreds of spider babies that will be small enough to scamper inside the house underneath the cracks in the door and then all those hundreds of spider babies will grow up to be bigger than a quarter. You know what you're gonna have to do, don't you? You're gonna have to kill it, Court." So I grabbed a pair of flip flops and headed outside again. But it was so big that I knew it was going to creep me out to feel it squish underneath me. So I grabbed Little Miss M's SpiderMan scooter and rolled over its fat little body three times.

Then I turned around and realized I had locked myself out of my house. At 11 PM. With a child sleeping peacefully inside. Awesome.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

i am LAUGHING OUT LOUD at this. hilarious. use the spiderman scoot. lock yerself out. spiderbabies.

awesome.

but none are as awesome as that freakin' cheap awesome score of a camera!!!!!

says in her best napoleon dynamite voice: lucky...

katie said...

I am laughing too!! You're funny Courtney!! I loved the spiderman scooter over the ginormous spider! hahaha!