4.26.2009

Home Sweet Home(s)

All my little furbabies have found their forever (I hope!) homes...

Dooney and Bourke ended up at a ranch just outside of Ada. I hear they're doing well despite the fact that it appears their names have been swapped.

With Kristin coming into town I was under the gun trying to find someplace for the other two before she arrived. She's allergic and since she was going to be in a wedding, it wasn't the best time for sneezing or puffy eyes. A friend at work (from whom I got Olive) thought she had some contacts but everything fell through so I asked another lady at work if she could at least keep them for the weekend. I dropped them off with her Thursday at school and a teacher who had previously declined my offer a super cute FREE kitten was subjected to their utter cuteness and ended up taking Gabbana (now Torres) home with her. Dolce went home, presumably just for the weekend, with Teri and when I called her this afternoon to see about picking her (or him, can't really tell yet) up, she said they wanted to keep her. Her/his new name is Gizmo. Yay!

Olive had been missing again since midweek. I knew I'd find her at the neighbors' and today I rescued her for the third time. These elusive neighbors of mine have returned home since my last rescue mission because curtains have been replaced and the crawl space access was boarded up. I assume that's how Olive had been getting in but maybe not because I would think that if she had been inside when they showed up she'd at least be kicked out if not shot. Hmm...She came home and immediately started looking around for Dolce and Gabbana. Started meowing and everything. It was really sad. But she seems okay now, especially since her belly's full again. From food, not more babies!!! So I guess I haven't found homes for all my furbabies quite yet...

No comments: