4.26.2009

Just One of the HOS

Last weekend I took part in my first organized scooter ride! There were eight of us HOS (Hooters on Scooter members) and we traveled from Brookside up to Skiatook. Having never ridden in proper formation and having just gotten Buttercup up and running since last summer (for shame, for shame!) I was a bit nervous. The way up we peaked at 45 mph and I think I handled it pretty well. We stopped at a Mexican restaurant in Skiatook and had a little snack before heading back.


The trip home, however, was a bit more nerve-wracking for me. First off, a wasp landed on my chest and I was trying not to freak out. I assumed it would fly off pretty quickly but it did not. It slowly crawled its way up my jacket and closer and closer to my neck. I was having visions of going into anaphylactic shock and careening into a ditch once again (the ditch part, not the anaphylaxis). As it crept to my collar and started its way INTO my jacket, I finally pulled over and swatted it off. The two girls behind me had to pull over with me and I felt a little silly explaining the situation. Crisis averted, I got back on the road and soon found myself doing 60 mph to keep up with everyone. Yikes! But I survived. And I even felt brave enough to scoot my way over to my second job later in the week.

No comments: