4.28.2009

Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life

A couple of years ago I stumbled across this book by Amy Krouse Rothenthal. It's a memoir of her rather ordinary life all neatly organized and alphabetized. I thought it'd be fun to do weekly posts of my own ordinary life. This will hopefully also serve as an incentive for me to post more regularly. I'd planned on starting on Sunday and now I'm already a few days behind so we'll see if it really works. But at least I won't be able to claim writer's block. At least not for another 26 weeks...

A

Airconditioning - Loraine, my little old house, does not have central heat and air. Summers are horrible; I can hardly bear them. I have a couple of window units but it just isn't the same. I think it's partly to blame for why I spend all my money at the beginning of the summer. Just looking for somewhere to go to get out of the dreadfully sticky heat that is my house.

Airstream - I don't know when it started...10 years ago maybe...but it is my mission in life to procure a vintage Airstream travel trailer and fix it up. I'd be equally happy traveling to both ends of Route 66 in it or having it sit in my backyard as a craft studio/guest house. I am beginning to have quite the Airstream paraphernalia collection: I have an Airstream pendant necklace (one of my favorite pieces of jewelry), a couple of Airstream birdhouses, coffee table books, and a strand of Airstream porch lights. Oh yeah.

Altered Art - glass pebble magnets, mixed media collages, altered tins, altered books. I want to create!

Apple - I like apples alright. Red Delicious are my favorite, then Galas, then the Pink Lady. I do not like green apples unless they are submerged in caramel and chocolate and nuts (oh, Kim, I miss you and your apples!). But I would never, ever name my child after a fruit.

Australia - on my list of places to go to.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

A is for Awesome. This is a great idea -- if I ever start to run out of things to post about (unlikely, I guess, since my mind is so full of random and useless info, haha), I totally want to try this. I especially liked knowing the fact that you will never name your future children after a piece of fruit...

I would also add "(Up For) Anything" since you've been such a good sport to let me drag you interesting places with me, haha, like last night. But it was a little bit fun! :)

Unknown said...

What a great idea!
I love how you have named your house and scooter...

would LOVE to own an airstream