5.24.2010

Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life - S

Scooter - I love my scooter but I haven't been able to ride it nearly enough. The only time I've been on it in the past nine months is when I rode her to the house from the storage unit on moving day. Alas.

Shamu - I'm not ashamed to admit that I slept with a stuffed animal for a longer than normal period of time. I went to Sea World in San Diego with my dad and grandparents when I was eight years old and my favorite souvenir was a stuffed Shamu. I loved him so much that I wouldn't let them put him in the plastic sack face down (he had to breathe, you know). From that night on I slept with him. He went to college with me. And onto my first apartment. And probably even when I bought Loraine. In fact, I'd probably still sleep with him if it weren't for him missing half of his stuffing, his dorsal fin, and an eyeball. Now that's just creepy.

Shopaholic - Hello, my name is Courtney and I'm a shopaholic. I think I'm finally ready to admit it. I've got a lot of excuses but when I recently caught myself rationalizing not the price tag on an item but the amount I stood to save I decided it's probably time for a shift in thinking. Baby steps.

Spanish - I never even saw it coming. I was a Latin geek in high school and was kind of put out that I would have to take a different language at college to fulfill requirements. I figured I'd get my six hours in and move along with my English education degree. But la lengua espanola and la Sra. Hall had something different in store for me. Fell in love with la lengua almost immediately and never looked back. My only regret is that I never had the guts (or cojones) to live abroad.

Stubby Toes - I have them. You can make fun of them if you want. But I've learned to like mine. I think they're kind of cute.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

S is also for "sad news". We sold my scoot. Yep, no lying. But really, I hadn't been for a ride on it since you and I went with the HOS. Really, that long. And since it costs insurance and tag every year and all that, we sold it. And put the money into another S-word, "savings". So all is well. Maybe one day I will get another one. Sigh...

Amy said...

I like your toes too...love the pedicure! I still sleep with a stuffed animal sometimes...it's one Becca picked out for me a few years ago, so it's my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Courtney, you DO have really cute toes! REALLY cute!! i think they look fantastic so don't ever be ashamed of them. show them often ;)