6.21.2010

Funny Little Father's Day Lunch

"Happy birthday FARTER's day!" is how Little Miss M greeted my dad ("Papa Gene") yesterday at lunch. Also, it should be noted that she has taken to wearing her "hair" most of the time these days. "Hair" used to involve a long red sweater but has, in recent months, switched to a yellow floral jacket and most recently a pink and silver scarf. Wrapped around her head and tied at the back. I'll try to take a picture in the next day or two. My dad started calling her Gypsy Rose because of it. Anyway...the US Open was on a big screen and they did some blurb about Tiger and M thought it was funny that his name was Tiger. Thought Papa Gene was teasing her. So he said, "Well actually his name is Eldridge (or whatever it really is) but they call him Tiger. Like a nickname. Like your name is Marilyn but we call you...what?" And out of nowhere she says, "Troll?"

Troll?! I think I'm going to start calling her that. Man, that kid can get me going. On the way home I was worried about her having to go to the bathroom so we reworded the Beastie Boys' "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" to "No Pee Till Pamma's!" It was a random two hours to say the least.

And if you ever find yourself in Bixby looking for a place to eat, I highly recommend Savastano's. Excellent pizza. Better than Hideaway. Maybe even better than Joe Mama's. Maybe it's a chain and they're all over the place, I don't know. But it was good. So, so good.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Savastano's is DEE-LISH! And no, it's not a chain. It started out in a small strip mall a little further south than where it is now and was popular even then. I wish we had one closer...

M is crackin' me up. She is one clever little gal, that's for sure!