9.19.2010

One Hot Betty

Last weekend Little Miss M and I were at "The Bweeto Place" aka Taco Bueno. I always get a refill on our way out and as I did I took notice of the little old lady placing her order. Our Taco Bueno asks for your name so I know her name was Betty. She looked exactly like a little old lady named Betty should look. I'm guessing she was in her eighties. A little on the short side. Short white hair definitely hit with the curling iron before she left the house. Silver glasses. Pink lipstick. Smaller purse hanging from the crook of her elbow. Plaid button up shirt and matching plaid walking shorts. Why is it that babies and senior citizens are the only ones who can pull off matching separates? Anyway...back to Betty, the consummate grandma. Yes, I realize that I was totally looking Betty up and down, head to toe. Creepers, I know.

So then I saw her socks. They were white. Taller than anklets, shorter than crew socks. With glittery, hot pink writing circling the top of them. "Hottie" they said! I don't know if she even knows what it means but I got the giggles. I totally wanted to whip out my phone and take a picture of her (or at least her socks) but I restrained myself. I just hope that when I'm older I'll be able to rock hottie socks!

(edit: and her shoes! How could I forget the Keds?! Khaki Keds!)

3 comments:

Kristin Ann said...

I love that Betty has "still got it." I hope I do when I am her age. I miss you too. BFF

Amy said...

Oh, I think you could so rock the hottie socks! We'll still be cool, right?

Valerie said...

That is just plain awesome. I wanna be Betty when I grow up. And leave it to you to witness something so spectacular. You and Miss M sure have the eye for spotting the best stuff!