5.03.2009

Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life - B

B

Bijou - Bijou is the name I gave to my precious black pug. She's four and a half years old now and already started to gray around her face and stomach. I got her in the beginning of October 2004 and nicknamed her Boo. Somewhere along the way I dropped the Boo and reverted back to Bijou but my family still refers to her as Boo. I was living on campus as a dorm director when I bought her (she's the only dog I've ever purchased from a pet store. I usually adopt my animals but I simply couldn't resist when I saw her sitting in that glass box) and not allowed to have pets in the dorm. So I did what I had to do...I smuggled her in (a pug smuggler, ha!) and kept her a (relative) secret for the nine months I continued to live there. She's a big gal at around 28 pounds. Each year we go to the vet for her check up I get the same lecture...she really shouldn't be putting on any additional weight...but I stopped listening because he's been saying that for the last three years (and at least the last eight or so pounds!).

Bridesmaid, as in "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride." - I have had the distinct pleasure and honor of standing up at the altar with Amber, Deanna, Stephanie, Sarah, Mom, Jenny, Janessa, and Kristin as they've vowed to commit their lives to their men. This fall I'll be at it again with Courtney O. And while I hope to one day have my own wedding, for the time being I'm content with the fact that all these lovely ladies (I thought there was a 10th one in there somewhere) are happily married all these years later.

Bungalow - I live in a craftsman bungalow built in 1920. Her name is Loraine (from a sign we found in the attic). She's got 9-foot ceilings and incredible crown moldings (at least a foot tall in the living and dining rooms), hardwoods throughout (although they've been damaged pretty badly in the bathroom and kitchen), french doors out to the wraparound front porch and out to the side porch, a sleeping porch off my bedroom (that I use as a dressing room), and built in cabinetry and columns in my dining room. I love her, I love her, I love her, despite the cold winters and hot summers. But it's been a lot of work and there's so much more to go. I don't know that I'll ever get a profit out of her. But she's been worth it all.

Bunco/Bunko - No matter how you spell it, I have the pleasure of being a part of the greatest group of Bunko babes ever. I look forward to spending time with these lovely ladies every month, with or without Amber's Chinese acrobats. I have also been nominated to host October bunkos from here on out (See "H" for Halloween in a couple of months). I began playing bunko as a sub for my aunt's group some 10 or 15 years ago. Every once in a while our family gathers to play around the holidays.

Buttercup - My 2008 cream-colored Kymco People 150. I was hit with the scooter bug thanks to my friends Valerie and Doug. Ever since they sent out Christmas photos of themselves on their scooters five or so years ago, I knew I would one day own a scooter. And really, who doesn't want to be as cool as Val and Doug? Read about my relationship with Buttercup here.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Haha, you don't have to aim too high if you want to be "as cool" as us crazies. Silly girl, don't you know I aim to be as cool as YOU someday???