2.13.2010

The Thrill of Thrifting

I love it when I score bigtime at thrift stores. I only hit two today but I picked up several things and I'm tickled pink with what I brought home!

At the first store I found:
~ a pair of sheer purple valances with embroidered flowers for Little Miss M's room ($4/pair)
~ pair of little Gap jeans for the girlie ($6 but 1/2 off = $3)
~ a "vintage glitter tree topper" from Pottery Barn still in the box ($2)

At store numero dos:
~ a Princess book...I think we're up to about 127 of these now... (.50)
~ two large white picture frames from Target ($3/ea)
~ "Hurdo Kitty" (that's M-speak for Hello Kitty) rainboots -- still had the elastic band tied on ($3.50 - Target is still selling them for $16.99! Woohoo!!)
Here's my booty (or is it bounty? loot? er...) from Goodwill.

And while there I donated four bags full of clothing, shoes, toys, and knick knacks. Don't you just love a good purge every now and then?

But the shopping extravaganza didn't stop there, no siree. We forged ahead into retail-priced retail therapy. Went to Payless mainly to measure her little tootsies (10-1/2) but, because you can't really pass up BOGO, ended up buying her some socks and flip flops. At Target I bought 4 smaller white frames that were on clearance (finally getting around to some art in Little Miss M's room), a super cute dress (so cute I paid FULL price...history in the making!) and ruffled hoodie for M, and boring stuff like dog food (but I did get a $5 gift card for buying it), bread, and cereal bars. Onto Marshalls where I loaded up on some stationery goodies and a silly little doodle book for my valentine.

Speaking of valentines...this is the first Valentine's Day in years that I actually have an honest-to-goodness valentine of my own. Of course, my little eCrush is laying in his bed with an abcessed tooth huffing and puffing while he awaits a root canal. So even though I celebrate actually having a valentine this year, I may not actually be celebrating the occassion. No biggie...I'm used to it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey, you and your valentine can celebrate another day. Let him know he's not off the hook...the next date is Valentine's!