2.15.2010

Tidying Up

I don't know what got into me yesterday but before church I decided it was time to revamp my linen closet. And by linen closet I mean shoe closet. When I checked this house out and saw the linen closet in the hallway I thought that there was no way I would ever fill that much space with bedding. But shoes, I could probably fill it with shoes...just toss 'em in and shut the oh-so-trendy bifold doors. Works like a charm! Orginally there were purses and boots on the top shelf and everything else haphazardly thrown on a shelf below.
But yesterday morning as I selected my footwear I thought I could probably organize the space a little better and use some of it for {ahem} linens. Imagine that! So now it's purses, random bedding, and weekend totes on top, boots on bottom, and everything else in between.

I'm kicking myself for donating a couple of shoe racks before I moved. They fit perfectly on the shelves and double my shoe storage. Going to pick up a couple more and hopefully I'll be able to move the shoes hanging in the organizer behind my bedroom door to their new home across the hall. And I think I'm going to paint the back wall with a pop of yellow or turquoise. Once I start tacking the rest of the house. Which is just around the corner. Yeah, right.

1 comment:

katie said...

I want your shoes.