4.27.2010

Back in Black?

I've been toying of the idea of painting my kitchen cabinetry black. Especially since I loved how it turned out in Loraine, my last house. My mom has tried to persuade me in another direction. Any other direction. She thinks it will make the small space look too dark. I don't really care about that. I'm more concerned about whether or not it will look bizarre with my white stove and dishwasher. So I started looking online and found some photos. This is The Lettered Cottage's black kitchen with white appliances and I think it looks fine. I love everything about their kitchen. It's a little more country (or something) than I'm headed but I love it! I think I'm going to copy the corbel idea under my microwave shelf and on some open shelving I've been considering. I'd also copy the naked cabinets if 1) my cabinets were more organized and 2) my cabinets weren't the cheapest made cabinets on the market in the early 70s. Alas...

So...back to the black cabinets and white appliances...what are your thoughts?

2 comments:

Kristin Ann said...

I've always thought of you as a black and white girl. Do you have light/white counter tops? If so, go for it! I think it would look great. Of course I haven't seen a pic of your kitchen currently, but my vote is "yes".

Debbie said...

I am so happy to finally find a photo of black cabinets with white appliances! I am stuck with white appliances, and have white tile on counter tops. My family rolls their eyes when I tell them of my desire to paint them black...and after seeing this, I am ready to go for it! Did you keep your walls white as well?