4.30.2010

So Not a Green Thumb

I finally figured out that the problem I thought was my camera was actually the SD card. So now I can take like six pictures at a time and then download them and delete them and so on and so forth. I know, I could just buy another card.

So, here are a few snapshots I wanted to share with you earlier in the week:


We spent last weekend at my mom's house. Little Miss M had a blast helping mom in her garden. She watered everything in sight. In abundance. I came home from shopping on Sunday afternoon to find this little garden waiting on their front porch. Little pots with seed starters she and M. planted together. Even labels on the clothespins! Super cute in theory but my mom should know better. Really, she should. I mean, look at the poor little things' new home...

I don't even remember if those dead plants in the background even belonged to me or if they came with the house. Either way, they haven't been tended to since August! And the "flower bed" they're sitting in? Mom mentioned something about cutting the old grass down to allow for new growth sometime last month. Still haven't gotten around to it. And don't even get me started on all the weeds that are beginning to creep in. And I'm supposed to transplant these new guys into soil somewhere? I don't think I know how to do that. We did finally get around to watering them last night, even though I'm pretty sure my mom said we needed to do it every day. Really?

Just next to my grave of flora sits a newly acquired pot. I saw one in one of David Bromstead's outdoor designs a couple of years ago and have wanted one ever since. It's a clever pot for coiling your hose inside. It's got a big ol' hole in the side of it to run the hose through. Even if my hose rarely gets used at least it'll have a pretty little bed to rest in. I've seen them in the $75 range and over spring break my aunt bought one at Home Goods for $50 and I almost caved. And wouldn't you know that in the past month Wall's has acquired a whole lotta Home Goods inventory so I scored this one for 33% off that! I love the colors: teal and turquoise and peacock blues. So now my goal is to paint the front door in a shade that compliments the pot. I've actually had paint swatches since I moved in but I just couldn't pick the perfect one. Hopefully the pot will make the decision a little less painful. Yes, I do realize I'm up to Summer Project #127 by now. And don't you love the way I scraped all the leaves and dirt and terra cotta shards partially out of the way to take the photo? Yep, I'm all about the staging!

No comments: