10.31.2010

...And Your Little Kitty Too!

So Little Miss M turned the big FIVE this past Monday. We celebrated her birthday last Saturday Hello Kitty style (Leslie T., can I get a what?what?!). We invited four of her little girlfriends from church.

We played Pin the Bow on Hello Kitty...

decorated Hello Kitty outfits for felt kitties I had cut out... had a makeshift photo booth with a special Hello Kitty disposable camera that will add a border to the photos, attempted a Hello Kitty puzzle for approximately 48 seconds,

ate cake...

and opened gifts...
Whew!
And let me just say that the party planning process and the party itself are much more fun than the party preparation. I was a nervous wreck the 24 hours leading up to this little shindig. I could hardly sleep the night before and ended up in my kitchen at 3:00 AM and 5:30 AM cutting cute shapes out of meats and cheeses, thawing out cupcakes my mom had made for my birthday several months ago after my attempt at these cake pops from Bakerella turned out like this...

Turns out I didn't even have time to frost the cupcakes so I ran to the store and bought a small cake and had them slap the number 5 on it.

Speaking of 5, I made M a little shirt with a freezer paper stencil but I didn't get a cute shot of her in it. This is as close as I got. Yes, the "hair" in one form or another is never too far... On Monday, her actual birthday, my fam came up from T-town and we ordered pizza from Giorgio's who graciously arranged the pepperonis on one of the pizza in the shape of a 5. Little Miss M kept changing outfits throughout the evening and finally settled on this leotard. With a pull up on underneath. Quite the fashionista, eh?

I did have time to frost the aforementioned cupcakes (or "cuckakes" as M likes to say) for this celebration and even though I had removed the candle stick this tray had been glued to at the Hello Kitty party I thought it would be okay to just balance it on the candlestick. I was wrong. The lid of one of the pizza boxes flopped over on the tray and the cuckakes took a nosedive onto the bench behind the table. Argh.

This picture, my friends, pretty accurately depicts the whole party-planning experience from start to finish! At least I have a year to recuperate!

3 comments:

lanae130 said...

I so wish I had been there! <3

Valerie said...

I think it looks like quite the successful birthday. And you attempted those cake pops? Those look IMPOSSIBLE, so kudos to you for even attempting them! I bet they still tasted good though. And mmmmm, I need to come down and have some more Georgio's pizza please...

Amy said...

Birthday parties do cause so much stress yet are fun too. I'm trying to come up with a fun, cheaper way to stay home if I can convince my little one. We've all had parties not go as planned, like when Becca was 4 and turned her cake upside down, luckily it was only partially smushed, but it still tasted good.