10.02.2010

My New Favorite and Best

Every once in awhile I stumble across a great find at a thrift store or a garage sale: my vintage O'Keefe and Merritt stove, my round blue coffee table, the set of Calphalon cookware, my awesomely funky headboard, that great dresser I scored a few months back...and for awhile that thing becomes my favorite item in my home.

Well, this morning Little Miss M and I got up early, hit the donut shop, and headed out to the garage sales awaiting us in our thriving metropolis. The first one I hit was for a local pet rescue organization. I was browsing the tables and bookshelves and as I was about to pay for my measly little purchase I saw this chair:


It was near the cash table so I assumed that it was for the volunteers but I asked anyway. I was wrong! For $12.50 it could be mine, all mine. Although a bit on the office-y side, I loved its Danish modern lines and it was in great condition. There was a great debate about whether or not it's upholstered in leather or vinyl but I'm confident I'm right and that it is vinyl. Obviously (for those of you clever enough to notice the chair is in my living room and not a garage) I made the purchase. Fitting it into the car was an adventure, especially in light of the cracked window incident last summer (trying to cram a desk into my compact car). Neither my mother or stepfather would be proud of my knot tying abilities, but I prevailed and it found its way into my house.

And now I get to figure out how to rearrange my living room to make space for them.

Say what?! That's right...

*

*

*

*

*

*

*


I bought two of them! Not too shabby for $25, eh?

1 comment:

Pamma said...

IF this is a dup comment, my apologies. Tried to post, but needed to set up google acct first.
Anyway, first post said - love background, suggest chair in front of window and couch on long wall.
But I was much more wordy the first time.