3.10.2009

I Love Jesus But I Drink A Little

So my crazy friend Donna's daughter got married on Saturday. They're a big Catholic family. And this was a big Catholic family wedding...complete with an open bar. Oh yeah. I'm not really a big wine drinker but let's just say I ended up on the dance floor until midnight. Lord I hope there aren't any pictures of that! But it was a good wedding. They held it at the Tulsa Air and Space Museum which at first was a little weird but as the evening wore on (and the wine sunk in) it was really pretty cool. The ceremony wasn't a Catholic mass...short and sweet. And too bad the officiant was already hitched himself. I thought he was adorable. He had that lead singer of The Counting Crows thing going on.

And I made it through the evening without Crazy Donna's mom trying to matchmake me. The last time I saw Fern she was so excited about setting me up with one of her many (56?...told you it was a big family!) grandchildren. Apparently the one she has in mind for me isn't much of a looker but is so, so sweet. Well of course he is.

And Crazy Donna made it through the evening. She was crying as soon as she was led down the aisle, all the way through the vows, and on into the father/daughter dance. But then the party started and she lived up to her name (which is Crazy Donna, if you hadn't noticed already!). Let's just say that while she made it through the evening, her underwear did not. It went home in one of her daughter and new son-in-law's gift bags. That's right, folks, she peed her pants on the dance floor. She would absolutely kill me if she read this. Good thing she doesn't know I blog...

Needless to say, I got home fairly late. The wine plus the time change didn't really do much for me or the Spanish lesson I had to teach in Okmulgee on Sunday. Oh yeah, had to give my dad and his mission trip group some basic Spanish pointers before they head down to Mexico next week. Again, I love Jesus but...

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Oh Court, this post was classic. CLASSIC.