3.21.2010

I Shopped Till I Dropped

I bought a new toy on Wednesday night. I was at Wall's, one of my favorite bargain stores here in town, and noticed some dslrs in their display case. 25% off. Even though it was just about time to pick up Little Miss M from daycare I got someone to unlock them and compared the Sony Alpha a230 and the Canon EOS Rebel XS. By comparing them I mean I called Carrie who purchased a camera last fall. All I know about them is that I want one. So I can pretend to be P-Dub or Ashlely. Or at least look cool.

In the end I bought the Sony because there was only one of them left and it was quite a bit cheaper. I figured I could do some research and do a switcharoo if I needed to. I think I'm going to keep it, mainly because of the price difference. I wouldn't really have to pay much more if I bought it online or at Walmart but I'm all about saving what I can. Even though this wasn't exactly a predetermined and/or budegeted decision. I blame it on Spring Break. In my experience it's when I'm at my retail weakest.

Without further ado, here she is:
No name yet. Any suggestions? And no idea on how to operate her. I'm open to suggestions here, too!
And, yes, I did pick the kid up from daycare on time!

3 comments:

tag's team said...

Awesome! I love all of your blog updates recently and miss you!

Too bad your blogging hasn't rubbed off on me. Out of curiosity... what was the price range of the Rebel at Wall's? I've been wanting one as well!

{courtney} said...

It was a Canon Rebel XS - just the baseline model - and it was $450 (body and lens).

Kristin Ann said...

Oooo. Exciting! I would name her Lola. I think she'd take better pictures if her name was Lola.