3.20.2010

Pugalicious

According the the AKC standards for pugs, it is "desirable" for them to weigh between 14 and 18 pounds. Another site I visited said they could be between 17 and 24 pounds. Hmmm...you don't say? Keep in mind that females are supposed to be on the lower end of the spectrum.

Well, I finally took my woofies into the local vet for their yearly checkup and vaccinations. It was the first time I've taken two pets in at the same time. But they did surprisingly well.

Here they are waiting for the good doctor to visit them.

Wilbur, weighing in at 27.8 pounds. I can't be sure, but I think most of it is tongue!

And Bijou. Sweet Boo. My fattie. She's a whopping 32 pounds!
Yep, double what the AKC recommends.

The good news is that the vet thinks they are both in good health (minus the weight factors) and their teeth are fantastic...considering dental issues common in the breed. And he was thrilled with Miss Fattie's teeth especially because she's 5 1/2 years old. You go, gurrrl!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

It's just more to love, Bijou. More to love.