3.09.2010

Obsessed

photo found here

Oh my. I love iced coffee. Love it. But I don't like to pay for it. And then I discovered this tasty concoction on P-Dub's Tasty Kitchen. My life will never be the same. Unfortunately, neither will my waistline. I might have made myself TWO on my lunch break yesterday. Maybe.

Now, I don't like hot coffee (even though I do own a coffee maker) so I improvised the recipe a bit and used instant coffee. The first time I made it I did use my tea kettle but then I started using cold water. Just have to shake it a little bit longer is all. And while the mason jar isn't required, it certainly is cute! Here's my version...

  • 1 T instant coffee
  • 3/4 C cold water
  • 3/4 C milk
  • long squirt of chocolate syrup
  • longish pour of Coffeemate (I used Italian Sweet Cream like suggested but I'll try French Vanilla next time)
  • 2 pkg Splenda
  • ice
I do use a mason jar, but I have a really big one. Then you, you know what to do...shake, shake it, shake, shake it, shake, shake it like a Polaroid picture!

Sooo good. Do try!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Dude. I don't even like coffee, but now I'm going to have to try it! Thank goodness there is a half-used jar of instant coffee already in my pantry. Don't know why, but oh well.

Fern said...

I'm tempted to try it... sounds YUM! I like coffee ice cream so I think I may like this :) I hear you on the waste-line... I have the same issue!

Kristin Ann said...

Oh that looks so delicious. Do they make caffeine free instant coffee? The only thing it is lacking is a good squirt of whipped cream on top (and maybe some chocolate sprinkles on that).