3.23.2010

Little Miss M's Microphone

...sorry about the title, that's what M wanted to call it...

We did a little rearranging of furniture when Pamma (my mom) came to visit last week. First up was Little Miss M's room. Here's a before pic (this little photo tour is mostly for Kristin, who otherwise might not have the opportunity to check out my digs).

And some afters. Yes, the paint job is bad. Looks even worse since I spackled all the nail holes but never washed the walls down afterwards. And please pay no mind the cloudy blue ceiling that bleeds down onto the walls. It was going to be one of the first things to go when I moved in but the Little Miss M. found her way back to me just a couple weeks later.

That sideboard had been in the living room with my TV on it but my mom thought it would look better with the other pieces in M's room. Please note the bargain valances bought at Goodwill for $2 each! We tried to tuck the the kitchen away as best we could but you can't really get around it.

Wasn't sure where to hang the netted canopy a friend let us borrow. So we put M's table and chairs under the existing hook in the ceiling. The armoire holds all her dress up clothes and the majority of her toys, games, and coloring supplies. Her microphone is probably somewhere inside!

The collage of frames I purchased at Goodwill. Just put scrapbooking paper in them. You can't really tell but I cut out M's silhouette in the purple and turquoise one. Bought the turquoise ballerina picture at Big Lots. Stamped "Oh Happy Day" on a blank canvas board and clipped it up. The dog decal is from Target via Goodwill. Have the others that I still need to slap around the room.

Moved the bookshelf to the stubby wall. I tacked a couple lengths of ribbon on the wall and hung her artwork and photos from decorative paper clips on them. Her table and chairs used to be on that wall so it was a nice way to display her art. But with the taller shelf there I'll probably take the ribbons down and then hang a larger bulletin board over the sideboard.

I'm not really sure where all the purple came from. Cindy let me borrow the comforter and canopy and I guess it took off from there. Just trying to figure out what color to paint her room when the time comes. Planning on painting the rest of the house fresh white.

1 comment:

Kristin Ann said...

Love it! I like how your re-arranged everything. My favorite is the art wall. The scrap-booking paper was genius! Glad you took all the pics. Did you use your new camera?