3.22.2010

Isn't She Lovely?

My mom did end up coming to visit us at the end of the week. We made some changes to the living room and M's room. And although I didn't get around to my craft room, mom brought me a little sumpin' to spruce it up a bit...

I always end up with my mom's cool stuff. She gave me this dress form a year or so ago and she's just been sitting around fairly nekkid (the form, not my mom!). I had that leopard print scarf tied around her neck until I finally unearthed the beaded bolero jacket a month or so ago. I've always thought she needed a cancan. And wouldn't you know my mother happened upon a garage sale of a former square dancer. So she picked up three. This off white one (which I'm debating whether or not I should dye it hot pink) and orange one and a black one. She said there were others but she didn't think I wanted them all so she picked these because she thought it'd be fun to decorate her for Halloween. True. But how fun would it be to do something like this in M's room?

I'm a bad, bad blogger and have absolutely no idea where I found this photo. If I had to guess I'd say it was from one of the kids' room tours on ohdeedoh.

I found it, I found it! Click here to see more of this lucky kiddo's room.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Oh no, you didn't. LOOOOOOOOVE the cancan skirt! And I remember reading the blog post with that picture in it, but of course, off the top of my head I can't remember where I saw it. It'll come to me at like, two in the morning or something. And yes, M's room definitely needs to go that way somehow...:)